Thursday 2 October 2014

Amalgamation

 Hi friends! The Festive season is all over India and has a different air in it altogether. Happiness,Celebration, Fun, Food and Fashion. Everyone embraces these festivities with a galore of love along with a concious fashion venture.

I am enjoying my venture too. I love wearing Indian traditional attires. It can be anything from a Salwar Suit to a Lehenga to a Saree. But if i have to favourite any one of it, then it would always be a Saree, as, in my opinion a Saree is the only 5 - 5.5 mts of adorned or embellished fabric that can make you look gorgeous, classy, edgy and sexy at the same time. It is such a timeless creation of Indian Traditional Attire.

 There is a wide range of diffrent types (fabric, colour, design, tradition) of Sarees. This time i had choosen to wear a very light flowy chiffon Saree keeping the weather of Kolkata in mind. Its still hot and humid here. I always believe in maintaining a balance while wearing Indian attires. Probably because of the vibrance, the work and the patterns in both traditional and contemporary numbers. This Chiffon Yellow Saree is a plain simple contemporary one with which the mesh-detailed and heavily worked blouse goes so well. It really compliments the simplicity of the Saree.





 To accessorise my Saree I could not think of anything else but my Assamese Traditional Gold Jwellery from my collection which is as simple as the Saree yet as detailed as the blouse and most importantly runs in the same colour scheme. I also loved the fact how the Saree being from diffrent origin in India and the Jwelleries from another culture and background gelled up so well.

I hope you liked this Amalgamation of my Outfit and would really like to hear from you, how you like to don your traditional ensembles.

Thank you for reading and untill next time keep it Stylishly traditional and Functional....
Happy Festivals.

Saree - Fashionandyou.com
Shoes - Donebynone.com
Jwellery - Custom made.
On My Lips - M.A.C Relentlessly Red

2 comments: